— Psoriasis causes red, scaly, itchy plaques on the skin, including the feet.
The American Podiatric Medical Association suggests these ways to soothe it:
- Moisturize your feet regularly. Choose a moisturizer that’s hypoallergenic and non-irritating.
- Soak feet in an oatmeal bath.
- Ask your doctor about special light therapy.
- Avoid psoriasis triggers, such as alcohol and exposure to dry air.
- See a podiatrist if your foot psoriasis doesn’t improve.
Posted: January 2017
Recommended for you
This article passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.
Recommended article: The Guardian’s Summary of Julian Assange’s Interview Went Viral and Was Completely False.