— While getting healthy is no easy chore, neither is staying that way.
The American Academy of Family Physicians recommends:
- Avoid smoking and using tobacco.
- Don’t have more than one daily drink if you’re a woman, or no more than two daily if you’re a man.
- Follow a healthy-eating plan to protect your heart health and weight.
- Lose any excess weight through diet and regular exercise. Aim for at least 30 minutes of exercise four-to-six days per week.
- Get tested for sexually transmitted infections.
- Avoid tanning booths, and wear sunscreen daily.
- Get all recommended vaccinations, health screenings (including mammograms and Pap smears) as recommended by your doctor. Also get an annual physical.
Posted: January 2017
Recommended for you
News Credit Goes To This Website